Are you looking for success quotes and sayings? Listed below are the best quotes about success, synthesized from an in-depth search of http://www.brainyquote.com.
These are not only the best quotes on success, but they are also followed by a commentary on how to use these quotes about success to achieve success on your own.
Success Quotes and Sayings: Best Quotes on Success
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
Failure is success if we learn from it.
The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm
Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
Arnold H. Glasow
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.
The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
Applying the Quotes for Success
1) The first three quotes by David Brinkley, Malcolm Forbes, and Dale Carnegie point to a fundamental shift in attitude toward criticism and failure. Those who are successful see failure as a teacher, rather than an enemy.
Success is a massive accumulation of failures, each learned from. If you’re not running into failures very regularly, you’re probably not pursuing success, but rather, staying stagnant.
Take the example of working out a muscle. A muscle can only grow if the fibers are subject to failure. Over time, when you lift weights, you’re subjecting your muscles to small tears that result in the muscle rebuilding itself stronger and larger than before.
This also works by learning from the failures of others. This important lesson is a supplement to point #1 on “What is Success (insert as hyperlink)”
Use this fundamental attitude toward failure to achieve success.
2) The next three quotes by Winston Churchill, Arnold H. Glasow, and Bill Cosby, point to a fundamental attitude toward your goals: a passionate drive. Fall in love with your task, become consumed by it, and develop an enthusiasm that is contagious.
This will drive you forward through the tougher times, and provide a reason for you to continue your endeavor.
See points #2 and #3 on “What is Success”
3) The last three quotes by Zig Ziglar, Theodore Roosevelt, and Albert Einstein, point to a fundamental ethical attitude toward success: always offer value. Cultivate skills that coincide with your passions for the purpose of offering value to others.
A key to success is the ability to Engage in relations of mutual benefit, where both parties come away with increased value.
Consider the three options at hand when trying to get what you want:
1) Ask/ demand it based on your “want,” “need,” or “right” to something
2) Instill fear in the other party, or force them to do what you want
3) Convince the other party that helping you is in their best interest
Although the first is easy/ common, and the second is often quite powerful, the third option will not only be the most fulfilling style of interaction. The third option will also be the most powerful and enduring way to achieve success.
In the style of Zig Zinglar, and other successful persons like him, start getting what you want by first considering what you can do for others.
See points #2 and #3 on “What is Success (insert as hyperlink)”
If you like this article, stay tuned for the following articles on success:
2) Motivational quotes for success
3) The secret to success
4) Person success
5) How to be a successful student